Here, we’ll cover the best CBD oils for pain, anxiety, depression, and various other health conditions. You’ll learn how to find quality CBD products online and how to use them to get maximum benefit.
Let’s get started with our top three CBD oils.
Best CBD Oils In 2020: Pain, Anxiety, & Depression
Royal CBD is one of the most popular up and coming brands in the United States. They weren’t the first CBD brand to enter the market, but they arrive well before the industry took off as it has in recent years.
Over the years, Royal CBD has perfected its craft. Their CBD products have won dozens of awards and brand mentions on high-profile websites as the top-rated CBD oil on the market. You can find this oil on publications including Orlando Weekly, VentureBeat, and Riverfront Times — to name a few.
The Royal CBD team sources all-organic hemp from trusted California growers. Organic hemp plants produce more terpene contents by weight and are the only way to guarantee the starting hemp is contaminant-free.
The team then uses supercritical Co2 to strip away the active ingredients. The final product is a very high-grade, terpene-rich hemp extract.
This extract is then diluted into four different strengths using premium MCT oil:
- 250 mg CBD oil — low-potency, best for beginners
- 500 mg CBD oil — medium-potency, best for mild symptoms
- 1000 mg CBD oil — high-potency, most popular option
- 2500 mg CBD oil — ultra-high-potency, best for severe or persistent symptoms
Each bottle comes with your choice of mint, vanilla, berry, or no flavoring.
- Well-respected and highly recommended CBD brand
- Independently tested for quality assurance and transparency
- Available in several different flavor and potency options
- Only available through the official website (not sold in local shops)
2. Gold Bee CBD — Best Value
Some terpenes provide additional painkilling benefits (such as bisabolol and myrcene); others are anti-anxiety or antidepressant (such as humulene, lavandin, or pinene).
Gold Bee has also won several brand mentions for these oils. A few examples include SF Weekly, LA Weekly, SF Examiner, and Observer.
You can order these oils in three different potency options:
- 300 mg CBD oil — low-potency, best for beginners
- 600 mg CBD oil — medium-potency, suitable for most mild to moderate symptoms
- 1200 mg CBD oil — high-potency, most popular option overall & best value
All three options come in either a raw, unflavored oil or a unique and delicious honey flavor.
If you’re new to CBD, we highly recommend checking out the 600 or 1200 mg CBD oils in the honey flavor. Despite the notably high quality of these oils, the cost is at or below the going industry rate.
- Excellent cost to potency ration for CBD oils of this caliber
- Comes with the option of a delicious sweet honey flavor
- Full-scope of independent lab tests listed publicly on the official website
- High demand means these oils are sometimes out of stock temporarily
3. CBD Pure — Runner Up
We’ve included Blessed CBD as an alternative option for readers living in the United Kingdom. Neither of the other mentions on our list ship beyond the American border.
Blessed CBD has been a leader in the CBD space in the UK for the last several years. They were one of the first brands to implement third-party testing as a standard and are one of the only companies making the effort to sponsor professional athletes.
These oils are above-average in terms of potency due to the small volume of the bottle. These oils come in 10 mL dropper bottles instead of the standard 30 mL bottles.
The smaller bottle size makes these oils much more potent than equivalent products with the same total CBD content. They fit in the pocket more easily and deliver a full dose of CBD with just a few drops.
- Made from high-grade organic hemp
- Third-party tested for full transparency
- Contains the full range of hemp-derived cannabinoids and terpenes
- No flavored options available
CBD has been shown to alleviate pain in three main ways:
1. It blocks the transmission of pain signals as they travel up the spinal cord
2. It inhibits underlying inflammatory processes involved with chronic pain
3. It promotes faster regeneration of damaged cells
- Combine other painkilling health supplements with CBD oil (such as boswellia or turmeric)
- Avoid eating foods that promote inflammation (such as foods high in sugar, synthetic additives, or packaged meals)
- Exercise regularly (visit a physiotherapist or find any form of daily exercise that works for your condition)
- Combine painkilling terpene concentrates with your oil (such as myrcene, bisabolol, or terpinolene)
CBD is also a powerful anxiolytic (anti-anxiety agent). Many of the active ingredients in CBD oil (including, but not limited to, CBD) offer neuroprotective effects on the central and peripheral nervous systems. They regulate a system called the endocannabinoid system (ECS) — which is involved with controlling the rate of electrical transmission along the nerve fibers.
There’s a lot of research on the effects of CBD oil for anti-anxiety, and the results have been promising. There are few natural health supplements that offer the same level of support as CBD products when it comes to anxiety disorders.
- Combine other anti-anxiety supplements with CBD oil (such as kava, L-theanine, or magnesium)
- Learn techniques to manage stress and anxiety levels (such as meditation, journaling, or hobbies)
- Visit a counselor or psychiatrist to identify and work through the underlying causes of your anxiety
- Prioritize your sleep (aim to get at least 7 or 8 hours of quality sleep each night)
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day (aim to drink at least 3 liters of water every day)
- Combine anxiolytic terpene concentrates with your oil (such as humulene, lavandin, or borneol)
CBD is a useful antidepressant, but not through conventional means.
Unlike most antidepressants that work by acting on the neurotransmitters, CBD targets another common cause — neuroinflammation.
Our brain has a special membrane designed to keep unwanted chemicals from the bloodstream from entering the sensitive brain tissue, called the blood-brain barrier (BBB).
If the BBB becomes compromised as a result of inflammation, compounds will begin to enter the brain and alter our neurochemical balance. This can happen over time when other areas of the body experience chronic inflammation — such as the digestive tract, skin, or joint tissue.
CBD works by supporting the integrity of the blood-brain barrier, protecting the nerve cells, and reducing inflammation in the brain as well as elsewhere in the body.
This effect offers powerful antidepressant benefits a few other medications or supplements can provide. The catch is that the effects can take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks to appear. It’s important to be patient and take CBD oil consistently if your goal is to alleviate symptoms of depression.
- Combine other antidepressant supplements with your CBD oil (such as St. John’s wort, passionflower, or 5-HTP)
- Visit a counselor or psychiatrist to identify and manage the underlying causes of depression
- Consult your doctor to discuss other medications or treatment options
- Prioritize sleep (aim for at least 7 or 8 hours each night)
- Ensure you’re eating a well-balanced diet, rich in fruits and vegetables
- Exercise daily (even 10 minutes of moderate exercise per day has been shown to improve symptoms of depression)
- Use cannabis terpenes for depression (such as pinene or limonene)
Where to Find Cannabis Terpene Concentrates
Throughout this article, we’ve mentioned the use of complementary cannabis terpenes to use alongside your CBD oil. This is a relatively new trick a lot of people are starting to employ to leverage the benefits of their CBD oil.
“Terpenes are already produced in the cannabis plant and provide a ton of synergy with the other cannabinoids and ingredients in a high-grade CBD oil.” – said David Axelrod from Finest Labs, a company with the mission to bring the highest quality terpene concentrates to the market.
Terpene concentrates are relatively cheap. You only need a few drops to get a strong dose, so even a small 5 or 10 mL bottle of terpene concentrate will last several months of use.
Key Takeaways: Best CBD Oils For 2020
CBD oils are all the rage in 2020. With all the research that’s been coming to light lately surrounding the medicinal effects of a high-quality CBD oil, it’s no wonder this supplement is so popular these days.
The most common reasons why people are using CBD are for supporting chronic pain (arthritis, fibromyalgia, injuries, post-workout muscle soreness), anxiety (including PTSD, OCD, and generalized anxiety disorder), and depression.
It’s critical you find a CBD oil that can deliver on all its promises if you intend to use it to benefit your health. There are a lot of CBD brands to look out for that are selling poor-quality products at a high markup.
To see the lowest prices, click here.