A tasty combination of grated apple shredded cheese, and crumbled bacon!
1 apple peeled & grated (no pits, seeds, or core from apple!)
1½ cups whole wheat flour
1½ cups white flour
1½ cups cheddar cheese shredded
1/4 cup cooked bacon chopped into bits
3 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 375F. Line a baking sheet with a silpat mat or parchment papert.
2. Combine the butter, olive oil, and egg together with a whisk until well combined.
3. Add the milk and grated apple then whisk.
4. Add the whole wheat flour and white flour; mix until just combined.
5. Add most of the cheddar, bacon, and parsley. Mix until combined. (Side Note: If it’s too sticky, add a bit more flour. If it’s too dry, add a bit more milk.)
6. On a lightly floured work surface, knead the dough for 30 seconds until smooth.
7. Roll out the dough into a 10-inch circle, about 1/2 inch thick. Use a bone-shaped cookie cutter (or any that you have handy) to punch out each treat.
8. Sprinkle some of the remaining bacon bits, cheese, and parsley on the dough and lightly press them down and place on the prepared baking sheet.
9. Bake until light golden, 20 minutes.
10. Cool completely and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks or the freezer for 6 months.